The holiday season is long over and we are now several weeks into the new year. Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions for your school marketing practices? Set yourself up for a fabulous 2017 by making the following resolutions!
- Resolve to have more attractive graphics – Quality graphic design is now achievable by even us novices! Canva turns everyone into a graphic designer. It has an easy to use drag-and-drop interface and comes preloaded with tons of templates and layouts.
- Resolve to save time by using landing pages – Being able to churn out quick landing pages for time sensitive events and information is a total necessity. If you need a simple (but powerful) landing page–perhaps to advertise a school event for recruitment purposes, or for a development campaign–this is the tool for you. With Instapage, you can create beautiful landing pages in a matter of minutes. No HTML experience is necessary.
- Resolve to have a better website – One of the most basic building blocks of your marketing plan has to be a good website–one with a clean design and allows visitors to find the information they need fast. School Site can help. School Site crafts custom and signature websites geared specifically for schools. It includes features and integrated tools that make it easy to update common areas on your website.
- Resolve to post more often to your school’s blog– Maintaining a school blog is easier than you think. Not only will it give your website credibility, but will keep your website content fresh. Most importantly, a regularly updated blog increases your chances of being found in Google searches.
- Resolve to Learn more about SEO – While it can seem overwhelming, there are lots of resources available to learn more about improving SEO. Keep abreast of the latest and greatest in SEO at Search Engine Land. Broken Link Finder helps you find and get rid of any broken links on your site. If you’re just starting to research SEO, check out How Google Works to understand the basics of how Google (and other) search engines work. Quick Sprout’s Guide to SEO is a lengthy, infographic-style guide to SEO. Last, Keyword Suggestion Tool helps you learn the number of searches for a specific keyword and gives suggestions too.
- Resolve to keep parents more informed about school events – Whether it be a fundraiser or “Bring a Friend Night,” Parent Alert can help. Parent Alert will help you get the word out about these important events. Families can be notified instantly via text messages, emails, and phone calls.
- Resolve to have a mobile version of your website – Your website should be responsive to any device a prospective parent chooses to use, whether that’s a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. There’s a strong consumer expectation to have a website that’s easily navigable on a mobile phone. Don’t make it more difficult for parents to view your website by requiring them to fire up a laptop.