Do you want to find out what your school’s parents are thinking about? Create a survey in RenWeb!
In the example above, we created a survey for parents to communicate their thoughts regarding a uniform policy.
Here is how to create a survey for your school:
- From the Main Menu, click the Survey button. The Survey Configuration screen displays.
- Click the New button.
- Type a Name for the survey.
- Enter in pertinent configuration information for the survey:
- Instructions: These will be visible to the user when taking the survey.
- Questions: The number of questions in the survey.
- Begin and End Date and Time: These designate when the survey will be open for participants to access. The times must be entered as Eastern Standard Time. Be sure to adjust for the local time zone.
- Classroom Survey: Indicates a special type of survey to be administered to students enrolled in a specific class or classes. This is useful for administering surveys that are satisfaction surveys for each individual class.
- Anonymous: Indicates that survey results will not contain the name of the respondents. Once a survey is created as anonymous, it cannot be turned off. This protects participants from being identified at a later time.
- Share Survey with Other Instructors: Survey can be viewed or copied by other instructors who use RenWeb.
- Click the Save Configuration button.
- To enter the first question, click on the number 1 in the center list box.
- Select the Question Type:
- Single Choice: the user may select only one answer.
- Multiple Choice: the user may select all answers that apply.
- Essay: the user is allowed to type in a multi-line answer.
- Type the question.
- Type the Single Choice/Multiple Choice Selections. It is possible to select the Remember Multiple Choice Answers option if the Multiple Choice Selections will be repeated for multiple questions.
- Click Save Question button.
- Repeat until all questions have been added.
How do you choose who should take this survey?
- Click the Members tab.
- Choose the Survey for which to add members from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the desired Filter to determine the members to add to the survey from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Family (Parents), Staff or Student from the second drop-down menu.
- Arrow over the desired names from the student or staff list. It is possible to look at the selected members by clicking the View Survey Members button.
- Click Apply to save and stay or OK to save and exit to the main RenWeb screen.
Once you have selected the members, administration of your survey is automatic and will be available through ParentsWeb at the times you determined in setup!