We came across this article in Forbes about how businesses need to be going “SoLoMo”—or, Social, Local and Mobile.
Recent research Forbes cited shows how important “SoLoMo” is to small businesses. (It’s time to start thinking of your school like a small business!) Here are some statistics you need to be aware of:
- 97% of consumers now search for local businesses online
- 72% trust online reviews
- 78% of small businesses now get at least a quarter of their new customers via social media
Here are some ways you can go SoLoMo:
- Make sure your school is registered with local search systems.
- Prioritize getting your school reviewed online.
- Invest time and effort into your school’s social media channels and use them effectively.
- Make sure your school website is mobile-friendly.