Here are the three goals:
- Facebook is a great place to tell the story of your school.
- Facebook should be used to engage your audience in a conversation about your school.
- The goal of your school’s Facebook Page should be to direct your viewers back to your school’s website.
Rick also lists ten Facebook post ideas that you can use to help meet these goals.
Here are a few things we came up with as well:
- Develop a creative fundraising campaign combining your school’s Facebook Page and Donate Online.
- Make sure you use a Facebook Page cover photo that conveys your school’s strengths.
- Include links to free online resources that students can use to help with homework or brag about school awards or special accomplishments.
- Create an editorial calendar so you can ensure your Facebook Page stays active.
- Consider having only one Facebook Page for your school instead of multiple pages for various groups (alumni, sports, etc.).
Does your school have a thriving Facebook Page? We’d love to feature it in an upcoming blog post. Comment below.