On his blog this week, Brendan Schneider put together a “School Marketer Holiday Gift Guide”. These apps, online tools, books and tech gear help to make the job of a school marketer a little easier. We’d like to expand upon Schneider’s list and suggest the following:
- Stocksy – You may think you know stock photos, but you don’t know Stocksy! Stocksy’s photos are the epitome of cool and fresh. And every single one is both Instagram and Pinterest worthy! Dump your outdated stock photos and get with Stocksy.
- Planoly – Planoly is a social media planner for Instagram. It is clean, organized, easy to use, and features a planning calendar. Planoly also offers a mobile app for when you are on the go.
- Buffer – Buffer is another social media planner. It allows you to schedule posts ahead of time. Browser extensions and mobile apps are available to make the process of adding new content easier.
- GoPro – GoPro cameras are on the cutting edge of cool. Let students use these action cameras to create even more content for social media.
- Canva – Don’t have a graphic designer on staff? No problem! Canva turns everyone into a graphic designer! It has an easy to use drag and drop interface and comes preloaded with tons of templates and layouts.
- Instapage – Instapage is another drag and drop tool. If you need a simple (but powerful) landing page–perhaps to advertise a school event, for recruitment purposes, or for a development campaign–this is the tool for you. With Instapage, you can create beautiful landing pages in a matter of minutes. No HTML experience is necessary.
- School Site – If you need more than just a landing page, School Site can help. School Site crafts custom and signature websites geared specifically for schools. It includes features and tools that make common updating tasks on your website easy. Designed for any user – no programming experience required! Don’t you think a new website makes a nice gift?