Maybe your school is on summer break now or you might have a few more days or a few more weeks. Either way, your students will soon have several months off…with no homework! This is a great time to encourage them to take a reading challenge! We found some awesome summer reading lists for kids of all ages.
- The Pragmatic Mom blogger announced her Children’s Choice Book Awards and there are options for various reading levels/ages.
- Blogger JDaniel4’s Mom lists 18 books and links to corresponding activities that she created to go with each one.
- Looking for books for a more advanced reader? Here is a list of 10 chapter book series.
- We love all the book list suggestions on KC Edventures’ website. They’ve selected dozens of books in categories like Action & Adventure, Mystery and more!
- The California Library Association’s summer reading theme is “Eating the Alphabet.” Here are their picks.
- Want some picture book/easy reader options? Try this blog post.
- Here is a comprehensive list of book suggestions for preschool through grade 12 from Dr. Dan Peters, co-founder of a center that provides psychological and educational assessments for children.
- Tons of options here! The Jenny Evolution blog lists the Caldecott Children’s Book winners of the 21st century!
Last but not least, we love this summer reading bucket list from No Time for Flash Cards: