We loved Brendan Schneider’s list of 21 Ways Independent Schools Can Use Twitter and have posted a few of our favorites below (and a couple extras we thought of!).
- Post your school’s sports scores and results.
- Tweet articles from local newspapers that discuss your school.
- Tweet a school picture of the day.
- Take a series of photos of dress rehearsal for a school performance and post a short animated image using Vine to encourage people to attend.
- Tweet new additions to your library.
Here are a few we thought of:
- Tweet volunteer opportunities for students and/or parents.
- Link to an Online Donation page to invite alumni, parents and other constituents to give to specific campaigns or other fundraising events.
- Live-tweet school sporting events.
Does your school use Twitter in interesting and innovative ways? We’d love to feature your school on our blog sometime! Please comment below.